Tell Your Story
Get in touch to tell us your story and feature among the best business leaders
£170 life-time membership
Creating value is the #1 job of any company employee, a fact that Sam Walsh, the former CEO of Rio Tinto Group (2013-2016) and current Non-Executive Director on the board of Mitsui & Co., knows well. CEOs must inspire people to outperform and create exceptional value while also reviewing both their industry and local community for new means of value-creation.
In this inspirational Masterclass, Sam focuses on Adding and Delivering Value, touching on topics such as:
- How do CEOs define themselves and gauge success as a leader;
- How can staff be incentivised to create outperformance;
- What benefits are gained from an environment where it is ok to fail;
- As a leader, how do you manage burnout and stress; and,
- What advice do you have for the future leaders of Australia's businesses?
In this inspirational Masterclass, Sam Walsh, the former CEO of international mining company Rio Tinto, focuses on Adding and Delivering Value, touching on questions such as:
- What is critical to success as a leader?
- How do you define the role of the CEO?
- How did you turn around Rio Tinto?
- How do you incentivise staff?
- How do you make tough decisions?
- How do you add value and create outperformance?
- How do you create and lead a fellowship that empowers people?
- What holds people back in business?
- How do you create an environment where it is OK to fail?
- How do you avoid burnout and manage stress?
- How important is it to have other passions and interests outside of being a CEO?
- What do leaders in Australia need to focus on and what's your advice to Australia's young leaders?
- How do you innovate and think in a future-proof way?
- How do you lead with ethics and integrity?
Aaron Levie full version Masterclass